Thanks to our members, speakers, guests, scholarship applicants, Board of Directors, and Committees for a successful and remarkable year! We couldn’t be prouder of what we accomplished in 2012-2013.
- Awarded three Richard Herbert Memorial Scholarships totaling $9,000 to two PhD candidates and one MS candidate who are pursuing water resources research at a Colorado college or university
- Awarded a special Colorado Water 2012 Scholarship in the amount of $4,000 to a MS candidate who is attending a Colorado university and who is pursuing Colorado-specific water resources research
- Hosted Student Networking Events
- Hosted monthly luncheon talks
- Conducted our Annual Field Trip which toured the recent Waldo Canyon forest fire sites and explored the impact to local water resources
- Developed a new Section website and incorporated social media in an effort to stay connected with our membership
- Hosted our Annual Symposium with the Colorado Foundation for Water Education: What are the Odds? Variability and Vulnerability of Colorado’s Water Resources
Each year, AWRA National reviews the activities and programs of all state sections and presents this award to one section. They stated: “The Colorado State Section has shown particular innovation in its programs, membership growth and establishing AWRA as a significant water resources professional organization throughout the entire state of Colorado.”
We are grateful for the Colorado section’s dynamic and energetic membership, and we look forward to another exciting year of engaging with and serving the Colorado water community.