The Town of Castle Rock has an excellent opportunity for a Water Resources Program Analyst to join the Castle Rock Water/Utilities Department. Under general direction, this position is responsible for coordinating the Town’s Water Resources program including the non-renewable groundwater supply and various renewable supplies, including Capital Improvement Projects related to water and water resources improvements. Work includes CIP management, water portfolio management, utility master plan support, long range utility planning, and supporting water resources facilities operations. Performs duties in a manner consistent with the shared values of the Town. Qualifications generally include a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Geology, or related science discipline; supplemented by a minimum of three (3) years of utility systems and facilities experience or any equivalent combination. A Professional license preferred (PE or PG). Candidate must satisfactorily complete a driving record check prior to commencing employment. Candidate must possess a valid Colorado driver’s license (or be able to obtain within 6 months of employment. Applications close 2/15/2018. https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/castlerock/jobs/1973029/water-resources-program-analyst?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
- The Colorado Water Trust is seeking a full-time Water Resources Engineer to provide water resources engineering and technical support for its work in the three program areas to restore streamflow to Colorado’s rivers. Please see the attached document for job description details and benefits of joining the Water Trust team. Applications will be accepted until Friday, February 16, 2018 at 5:00pm (MST). Thank you for your interest in working with the Water Trust! http://www.coloradowatertrust.org/newsroom/open-position-water-resources-engineer/
- Northern Water is seeking a Water Resources Engineer II with five to ten years’ experience in water resources engineering, hydrologic and operations modeling, and water rights. Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Agricultural or Water Resources Engineering. Please visit our website northernwater.org to view a detailed job description. Applications close 2/25/2018. Send resumes to email@example.com. Northern Water is an equal opportunity employer.
- Northern Water is seeking an experienced, results-oriented Water Efficiency Program Manager to plan and direct the development, evaluation, management, and advancement of our regional urban water efficiency efforts. Candidates must have solid background in managing a staff and excellent communication skills. Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Knowledge of water conservation in Colorado is preferred. Please visit our website northernwater.org to view a detailed job description. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.Northern Water is an equal opportunity employer.
- Martin and Wood Water Consultants, Inc. is a small employee-owned water consulting firm looking for a project level water resources engineer to join our team of engineers and hydrogeologists. The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years of experience in surface water engineering, knowledge of Colorado water law, the ability to manage projects and staff, and must be registered as a PE or have the ability and desire to obtain a PE license. We are accepting applications and resumes for either full-time or part-time employment. Please see http://www.martinandwood.com/careers/ for a more detailed job description. Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Decision Support Systems Specialist – Colorado Water Conservation Board The position serves as the staff authority and manager in the development, implementation and maintenance of Colorado’s Decision Support Systems (CDSS) and other water information management tools at the CWCB. This position will oversee the management of the CDSS on behalf of CWCB, in collaboration with the Division of Water Resources. The long-term imperative of this position is to ensure that the CDSS and its components are useful, accessible, functional, and maintained in high quality for the state’s water users. One immediate task for this position is management of the development of the Arkansas River DSS (ArkDSS), including oversight of three contractors and coordination with other state agencies and stakeholders. This position must be able to ensure that the ArkDSS meets the needs of the state and the user base, and should have the technical ability to make such an evaluation. This position will also manage the effort to move the CDSS modeling software (e.g., StateCU and StateMod) to open source. https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/colorado/jobs/1929611/decision-support-systems-specialist-colorado-water-conservation-board
- Tetra Tech Inc. is seeking a Water Resources Permitting Specialist to support water resource and mitigation projects through planning, permitting, design, and construction. This person will have 5-7 years of technical experience in planning and permitting for Colorado and western projects including federal, state, and local permitting and compliance. Candidates should have knowledge of NEPA process, ability to handle multiple tasks and coordinate effectively with others, excellent communication skills. Knowledge of relevant environmental regulations preferred (Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, National Historical Preservation Act, local 1041 permitting, etc.). Position may require data analysis for permit documents. This role will support Project Managers with the management of project scope, schedule, and budget. Tetra Tech is an EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability employer. Please apply online at https://tetratech.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&portal=101430233#, Job Number: 19400000479.
- The Governor’s Office of Boards and Commissions is looking for applicants for the Board of Examiners of Water Well Construction and Pump Installation Contractors to fill a term expiring June 30, 2018. The candidate must be an engineer or geologist with a minimum of ten years’ experience in water supply and well construction preceding their appointment. All members are appointed for four-year terms, but no member will be reappointed to or serve more than two consecutive four-year terms. Members serve without compensation but will be reimbursed for actual expenses necessarily incurred in their official business. To apply, please fill out an online application on the Governor’s Office of Boards and Commissions webpage, https://www.colorado.gov/governor/boards-commissions-application. Although applications will be considered until the position has been filled, applicants are encouraged to submit their applications by June 1, 2018.
- White Sands Water Engineers is looking for a full-time, senior level water resource engineer to join our small, hard-working team. This opportunity is open to candidates with 8 or more years of experience in water resource engineering. Candidates must be knowledgeable in Colorado water law and water rights, and expertise in consumptive use analyses, hydrology and/or ground water engineering is preferred. Professional registration is also preferred. Position will be determined based on candidate experience level. Candidates should apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please see our website at www.whitesandswater.com
- None at this time
- Olivia Jobin is an M.S. in Civil Engineering (hydraulics/river restoration emphasis) candidate expected to graduate in May 2017. She is currently assessing nutrient management tradeoff and targets under uncertainty and is interested in river engineering/restoration and hydrologic analyses. View resume here.
- Travis Hardee is an M.S. in Civil Engineering (hydraulics/river restoration emphasis) candidate expected to graduate in May 2017. He is currently using 2D hydraulic models to predict fish passage at whitewater parks and is interested in river engineering and river restoration projects. View resume here.
- Bihu Suchetana holds a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and a Master’s degree in Water Resources & Environmental Engineering. She is a PhD candidate, developing statistical models to evaluate wastewater treatment plant compliance with federal and state regulations. View resume here.
- Ben Wostoupal holds Bachelor’s degrees in Economics and Environmental Science. He is a M.S. in Civil Engineering candidate and is developing hydro-economic and optimization models to research water supply planning and management under various water shortage scenarios. View resume here.
- Jeffrey Jung is a Ph.D. candidate at Colorado State University. He has worked for the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation over four years as a primary developer of the framework to evaluate the uncertainty associated with sediment transport models. View resume here.
- Qianyu Fan, studying now at the University of Colorado Boulder for Master Degree in Civil Engineering and I will graduate from this university at May, 2017. I am looking for a full time position or internship position of civil engineer(Water Field) May `29th onward. I have had two engineering summer intern experience separately in China and U.S, and currently have internship in Boulder, US. I am very interested in water field and want to involve in the field in my career path. View resume here.
Please see the career posting guidelines below if you would like to have a job or RFP posted on this site.
Postings should be in PDF format.
The AWRA – Colorado Section in no way endorses any of the above listings nor are we responsible for any misrepresentations by any party.
General Guidelines for Career Postings
All postings must follow these general guidelines as well as the guidelines provided for the specific type of posting given below.
- You must be a Colorado Section Member to have a job opening or resume posted.
- All submissions must be in electronic PDF format.
- Any submittal not following the guidelines will not be posted.
- Postings will be updated on a monthly basis, or more often if possible. All postings will be removed after two months time unless specifically indicated otherwise!
RFP and Job Listing Guidelines
Along with the general guidelines given above, all of the following guidelines must be followed to have a job or RFP posted on the site.
- Send an abstract of the position in 40 words or less (to be displayed on the website).
- If you would like to supply additional information, send a 1-page description of the job in PDF format.
- No logos or graphics allowed in the abstract, but they may be included in the 1-page description.
- Links to your company’s website, if available, will be helpful to potential candidates, and are allowed in the abstract.
- Please include a date for the posting to be removed from the website.
- Send Job Listing and abstract to email@example.com.
- Listings without abstracts WILL NOT be posted.
Resume Listing Guidelines
Along with the general guidelines given above, all of the following guidelines must be followed to have a resume posted on the site.
- Send an abstract of your qualifications in 40 words or less (to be displayed on the website).
- If you would like to supply additional information, send a 1-page resume in PDF format.
- No logos or graphics allowed in the abstract.
- Links to your personal website, if available, will be helpful to potential employers.
- Please include a date for your resume to be removed from the website.
- Send Resume and abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Resumes without abstracts WILL NOT be posted.