2017-2018 RICH HERBERT MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Offered by the
Colorado Section of the American Water Resources Association
GOAL – To promote interest and research in the water resources of Colorado.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS – Must meet the following criteria:
1. Enrollment as a student in an undergraduate, Masters, or PhD degree program at any accredited
Colorado public or private college or university.
2. Involvement in research or independent study pertaining to hydrology, engineering, hydrogeology,
geomorphology, aquatic biology, water law, water-resources policy or planning, environmental
science or other topics concerning water resources in Colorado.
APPLICATIONS – Must include:
1. The information on the following page filled out in full
2. Resume (1 page)
3. Abstract of current research (1 page, including relevance to Colorado’s water resources issues)
4. Letter(s) of recommendation from faculty advisor overseeing research
Completed applications should be sent electronically to the AWRA Colorado Scholarship
Applications must be received no later than June 29, 2017.
SELECTION –A standing committee of the AWRA-Colorado Section will review applications and make
recommendations to the Board of Directors. Recipients will be selected by the Fall and announced
on the AWRA-Colorado Section website. www.awracolorado.org
STIPEND – Scholarships are awarded for one academic year. The amount is determined by the AWRA –
Colorado Section Board of Directors. Previous awards have ranged from $500 to $4000. The
stipend will be delivered in 2 payments: Fall of 2017 and upon presentation of research, typically
April 2018. Funding for the scholarships is provided by donations of individual, corporate, and
institutional members of the AWRA-Colorado Section.
REPORTS – Each scholarship recipient will be required to make an oral presentation on research results or
progress at the annual symposium of the Colorado Section of AWRA in April 2018.
FOR MORE INFORMATION – Contact: